Brent fights for employees’ civil rights in the workplace, including:
– The right to be treated fairly in wages and working conditions;
– The right to enforce your employer’s promises;
– The right to a workplace free from unlawful discrimination or harassment;
– The right to an equal opportunity at job security and advancement; and
– The right to report misconduct to your employer without fear of whistleblower retaliation.
He has extensive experience fighting for these rights, whether through private and confidential negotiations, or through full-fledged litigation and trial. He has successfully fought employers both large and small, including large tech companies and major governmental entities. And while he is a capable fighter willing to take on Goliath with every weapon at his disposal, Brent also regularly helps his clients achieve their goals through less vocal, more collaborative means when appropriate. Since joining the firm in 2013, Brent has recovered more than $1.2 million on behalf of his clients.
Brent received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Francisco School of Law, and graduated in the top-twentieth percentile of his class. His unique legal talents and ability to find solutions to complex legal problems garnered him recognition throughout law school, where he received numerous awards, including the CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Ethics, and the California Academy of Appellate Lawyers Award. He also served as a member of the Board of Directors for his law school’s Advanced Advocacy Program.
Brent grew up in the high deserts of Southern California, and received his undergraduate education at the University of California at Santa Barbara. He also spent one year studying abroad at the University of Leeds in the United Kingdom. He is an avid bicyclist, and commutes daily by bike to the firm’s offices in the heart of San Francisco’s Mission District. He also enjoys trail running, rock climbing, camping and hiking, and cooking.
– All California State Courts, 2013
– United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 2014
Professional Memberships and Associations:
– Labor & Employment Section, State Bar of California
– Juris Doctor, University of San Francisco, 2012
– CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Ethics, Spring 2012
– Team Member, Roger J. Traynor California Appellate Moot Court Competition, 2011
– Outstanding Individual Achievement in Oral Argument
– First Place (tie), Best Brief: California Academy of Appellate Lawyers Award
– Second Place, Excellence in Appellate Advocacy: The Bernard E. Witkin Award
– Third Place, Best Oral Argument: The Roger J. Traynor Award
– Bachelor of the Arts, English, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2008
DISCLAIMER: This is an advertisement. Brent A. Robinson is responsible for the content of this advertisement. The statements contained on this page do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter. The general rights listed are not meant to be exclusive, and rights described may or may not apply to your situation. To learn what your rights are, contact an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction.